The Boulder County Republican Party has filed a complaint with the Colorado Secretary of State alleging apparent violation of the election code and interference with the legally appointed Canvass Board.
Click to read the complaint which alleges that Boulder County Officials:
1. Did not conduct the required Logic & Accuracy Test.The Boulder County Board of Canvassers is responsible for verifying the post election audit (random audit) and the election results, and for conducting any recounts.
2. Did not record in the pollbook whether each voter used a paper or electronic ballot.
3. Denied the Canvass Board access to General Eleciton materials.
4. Denied the Canvass Board access to Primary Election materials.
5. Refuse to conduct public business in public.
The board has three members:
Deb Gardner, Democratic Party RepresentativeThe board must complete its work on the 2006 General Election on November 24th, unless there is a recount in which case the recount must be completed on December 1st.
Al Kolwicz, Republican Party Representative
Nancy Jo Wurl, Clerk & Recorder Representative
To facilitate public oversight the board will conduct its business online, where the public, candidates, and the press can watch what is happening.
1. Whenever you like, you can link to the site to see what is happening. Simply go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanvassBoard/By conducting the 2006 general election canvass in public the Canvass Board hopes to increase public awareness of the process and to increase voter confidence in election results.
2. In addition, if you wish, you can choose to have the system automatically send a message to your inbox when the site has new material. You can choose between real time updates or a daily message summary. Simply press the "JOIN" button when you are on the site. (Joining the site does not authorize you to submit unmoderated messages to the group.)