Attached is an Open Records Request form.
We are terribly disappointed that Boulder County has seen fit to conduct the public’s business in secret. See below. It is not the standard that the people expect.
There ought to be a law protecting the public from public officials who abuse their office to silence dissent.
We hope that the county will provide an immediate response to our new request.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
The following request is made under the Colorado Public Records law:
Name: Al Kolwicz
Organization represented (if any): CAMBER
Address/Phone No.: 2867 Tincup Circle, Boulder, CO 80305
Name of document(s) requested:
February 2, 2006
We have read in today’s PRESS RELEASE that Boulder County has released an RFP for rental voting equipment for the 2006 election. As you know, we are very interested in the purity of the 2006 elections.
We request copies of drafts and final documents related to the solicitation of bids for the rental voting equipment, including but not limited to:
- Equipment Requirements
- Voting System Requirements
- Rejected requirements that were submitted by citizens
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Planned checkpoints including dates that the public will have an opportunity to participate in the process.
- Names of people who contributed to the requirements and RFP
- Identification of potential vendors
- Procedures for how the public will participate in the selection of the vendor proposals
- Procedures for how the public comments that were recently collected by the clerk were evaluated and integrated into the rental RFP